I recommend to you our school Vision, Mission and Values Statement that has been developed over the last two years.
It will inspire us in our future endeavours at St Mary’s:
St Mary’s is a Catholic parish primary school educating children from Foundation to Year 6 in the parish of St Kilda East. We are inspired by the person and teachings of Jesus Christ and we hold a special affiliation to Mary, Jesus’ mother, who was his first teacher in love and compassion, and his first disciple.
The Presentation Sisters and their founder, Nano Nagle, have been a significant part of our 160-year history and identity. Their work in educating children and young people in the rich heritage of the Catholic tradition are both enduring and inspiring.
St Mary’s is an inclusive community where children are respected, cared for and have a strong sense of belonging. They are enriched in their faith and learning by the relationships nurtured with the parish of St Mary’s, the Presentation Sisters and the neighbouring Catholic schools.
We continue the mission of living, loving and serving in the way of Christ, caring for God’s creation, and keeping our hearts and minds open in education and service.
Faithful to our mission, we hold the following values to be central to our identity, relationships and endeavours:
We aspire to being and building a community of faith and learning that honours and upholds our core commitments. These are:
· The school’s Catholic identity will be authentic and meaningful for all members of the school community.
· Children will be engaged in contemporary learning where they are assisted to become curious, creative, reflective and independent thinkers.
· Children will be supported by strong family, school and wider community relationships and collaboration.
· Staff will be highly attuned to each child’s distinctive wellbeing and learning needs.
· All members of our diverse school community will affirm, challenge, support and learn from each other.
School Motto: Finding the light within.
Please come and visit St Mary’s and be inspired by the work of our students.